|A Blank Map vs. A Blank Page
There are crucial differences between a blank map and a blank page. Unlike a blank page, a blank map:
- is designed by a cartographer
- is a frame
- represents a space or "territory"
- has orientation
- is readable
- has accuracy
- suggests scale (though may sacrifice exactitude in favor of visual utility)
- is informative (unavailability of data does not equal nonexistence of data)
- is something unexpected
There is nothing so perfect as a blank map. A blank map represents:
- all that can still be discovered
- infinite creative possibilities
- a clean slate
- a future of one's own making
- the difference between emptiness and nothingness
- freedom from error
- freedom from distortion
- freedom from bias
- an unformed universe waiting to be shaped
Below are pages from the Carte Blanche Atlas of Uncharted Territories
. The softcover edition
is currently available from Amazon.com for $8.
Page 1 of 7
> Older Entries...
Original Content Copyright © 2019 by Craig Conley. All rights reserved.